The National League of Cities (NLC) Service Line Warranty Program Program offers affordable protection for homeowners that covers the cost to repair or replace broken, leaking or clogged external water lines, sewer lines and in-home plumbing and drainage lines.
Service Line Warranty Plan Coverage Highlights
- The program includes educational outreach, service delivery and program administration, and is offered at no cost to the city.
- Generous coverage with most repairs completed within 24 hours.
- Warranty covers failures due to normal wear and tear, including age, ground shifting, fluctuating temperatures, tree root invasion and frozen lines. Participation is voluntary and warranties can be cancelled at any time.
- No service fees, deductibles, permit fees, or lifetime or annual limits.
- Around-the-clock claims hotline, including weekends and holidays.
- Use of only licensed, local-area contractors ensures repairs are made to local code.
- Residents and city officials give the program positive reviews.